The E-2 Visa Application Procedure
After submitting your E2 visa documentation, it will take about 6 weeks to receive your interview date.
- Our office will complete the visa application and supplement on your behalf.
- We will also assist you in the preparation of your business plan and organizational documents. As a treaty investor, make sure your business plan shows how it will assist the US economy by creating jobs and producing taxes. In five years it should be lucrative.
- You will also need documents proving your strong ties to your home country, such as property ownership. You must also demonstrate your contribution to the company and your ability to run it profitably.
- Consular officer interview. Every E2 visa candidate over 14 will be interviewed. Bring your passport, DS-160, payment receipt, two passport photos, appointment notice, business plan, and other documents. We will prepare you for the interview and provide a document binder of all the necessary documents for your case.
- If you are currently in the U.S., you may be eligible for a change of status. With premium processing, you may receive a decision in 15 days. If you are successful, you will be provided with an I-94 for two years but can be extended for an additional two years after you depart and return to the U.S. once you receive your E-2 visa. You may occasionally receive an RFE requesting additional information.
Do you require E-2 visas for yourself or your family members? Elliott Immigration Attorneys can Expedite the Process, Reduce Denials, and RFE Requests.
The Elliott Immigration Law specializes in E-2 investor visas. We’ve helped families, individuals, investors, and workers immigrate with this visa in numerous cases, and our approval rate is 98%. Contact us at (404) 890-0372 to schedule an appointment.