Every day, family members and couples wish to be reunited with loved ones in the United States. If you are a lawful permanent resident or a US citizen, you may bring a family member to the United States. A professional immigration lawyer in Buford, Georgia, can help you bring your family to the U.S. by guiding you through the process and teaching you about immigration law.
Elliott Immigration Law is a family-based immigration law firm in Buford, Georgia. We will assist you in bringing your family members to the United States. We will walk you through the procedure and help you meet the eligibility standards. In addition, we will verify that all of your immigration forms are correctly completed.
What Our Family-Based Immigration Legal Services Involve?
Petitioning For Family Members To Get Into The US
We will help you file a petition to enable your family member to get into the US. A family and immigration lawyer from our law firm will walk you through the process. There are requirements that you must meet to be able to sponsor a family member to get into the US. They include:
- Provide evidence to prove that you’re a US citizen
- Prove you have a qualifying relationship with the applicant
- Be able to demonstrate you can support the family applicant at 125% or above the poverty line
- Be able to file Form I-130 as well as other forms required in the family immigration law process
An experienced family immigration lawyer will enable you to know whether you have qualified or you’re eligible to petition for your family member. There are different family-based immigration classifications; green cards for “family preference immigration” can fall either under “immediate relative classifications” or another family “preference immigration classification.”
If you’re already a US citizen, you are eligible to sponsor the following family members under “immediate relative classifications.”
- Your wife or husband
- Your unmarried children under 21 years old
- Your father or mother if you’re above 21 years old
- Adopted child if she or he was adopted abroad
- Adopted child to be adopted in the US
Also, there are different preference categories if you’re petitioning for a family member who is considered a limited family-based green card as a US citizen. These preference categories also apply to permanent residents who wish to sponsor their family members to get into the US. These preference categories are:
- F1, first preference; if you’re a U.S. citizen and petitioning for an unmarried daughter or son who is 21 years or older
- F2A, second preference; if you’re a legal permanent resident and you’re sponsoring a child or spouse younger than 21 years old
- F2B, second preference; if you have a legal permanent residence permit sponsoring an unmarried daughter or son who is 21 years or older
- F3, third preference; if you’re a U.S. citizen and you’re sponsoring a married daughter or son
- F4, fourth preference; if you’re a U.S. citizen and you’re sponsoring a brother or sister who is over 21 years old
Benefits Of Hiring A Lawyer From Our Immigration Law Firm
There are several benefits you will realize from hiring an immigration attorney in our law firm. They include:
Assurance That The Paperwork Is Done Accurately
Our attorneys are experienced and understand family law and immigration legal processes. Completing and assembling immigration paperwork can be very confusing. Our experienced immigration lawyers will help you to accurately fill out the forms. Poorly filled documents can lead to delays in approval and could you may have to pay additional fees.
Experience From Other Immigration Cases
Our immigration attorneys have dealt with numerous cases of family-based immigration cases and we are the best chance you have to get your family members into the US. We know many pathways and scenarios to the immigration processes and we will help you navigate in the right direction that will enable you to get your loved one into the American.
Present You With Options
You might not be aware that there are other options as you try to petition for your family members to get into the US. We will provide you with different options, explain their pros and cons, and make you understand the ones that you’re eligible for as an applicant.
Quality Family Immigration Legal Services In Buford, GA
At Elliot Immigration Law, we’re immigration experts in Buford, GA. We have helped many clients get their family members into the United States. Our immigration lawyers are experienced, friendly, honest, and reliable. We will help you through the process and advise you on the right time to apply for immigration.